Upskills QLD is an authorised deliverer of the QLD Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) Traffic Control Program. The program consists of the following phases:
- 1 day theory course in the classroom,
- Supply evidence of 32 hours of traffic control in the last year.
On completion of the program successful participants are issued the following Statements of Attainment which form part of the traffic controller skill set:
- RIIWHS205E: Control traffic with stop-slow bat,
- RIICOM201E: Communicate in the workplace, and
- RIIWHS201E: Work Safely and follow WHS Policies and Procedures
After issuance of the Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS205E: Control traffic with stop-slow bat, participants can then apply for the Traffic Controller Industry Authority Card renewal at any TMR Transport and Motoring Centre.