Upskills QLD is an authorised deliverer of the QLD Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) Traffic Control Program. The program consists of the following phases:
- 1 day theory course in the classroom,
- 20 hours vocational placement with a registered traffic management company, and
- Final practical assessment.
On completion of the program successful participants are issued the following Statements of Attainment which form part of the traffic controller skill set:
- RIIWHS205E: Control traffic with stop-slow bat,
- RIICOM201E: Communicate in the workplace, and
- RIIWHS201E: Work Safely and follow WHS Policies and Procedures
After issuance of the Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS205E: Control traffic with stop-slow bat, participants can then apply for the Traffic Controller Industry Authority Card at any TMR Transport and Motoring Centre.